Sport Science Testing

Hi There 

We are undergoing testing these upcoming weeks. This is the time I love to hate. I still love what I do, but the athletes are angsty about how they perform and what the results would mean for them and the team. The training also get influenced by this, because some try and gain all the components of fitness in that one single session before we test the next day!! 

For me personally It means setting up the test and a whole lot of data that needs to be taken, processed, analyzed and reported. In other words a lot of paper work!!!! This is the part I don't like, but is the fundamental part I need to design programmes that really make a difference in my athletes' training. This is also how I not only evaluate them but also my quality of work. So the Pressure is on!!

Testing is so important, because the feedback tells us where the programs weakness as well as strength lies and we as supporting staff can brainstorm to produce the best training strategy for our athletes. This is the part I really love!! Figuring out how to really get the best performance and see why some techniques work and others don't. I also love seeing them improve. To see it in their performance is great but to see it on paper in black and white just makes it real. It is also something only I get to see. I have the proof that they are improving. This means the world to me!!

So wish me good luck as I test my athletes!

P.S. I have been off line for the past week!! Literally no power. This has taught me some things, but it is the cause of me not blogging as much as I want. Sorry and thank you for keep reading and following the blog!! I promise more great things to come!!

Keep Moving until next time👋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Personal... Training Hard

Do not... I repeat... DO NOT get overwhelmed!!

Do I need a Personal Trainer?