Muscle Of The Week... Adductor Pollicis

Hi There

How are you experiencing this series? I must say I am actually enjoying this. It is almost like revising my university anatomy, only this time with less stress. I believe this is why I am having so much fun with this series. I am even incorporating The Muscle Of The Week in my programmes I design for my clients and athletes!! I hope you are learning more about the physical side you are constructed of. I am starting another series on my FaceBook Group #NeverStopMoving Q & A WEDNESDAY. Where YOU can ask me anything that has to do with movement and my personal blog! 

On to this week's muscle... Adductor Pollicis

This is the last muscle's name that start with "adductor". This also tells us that it is the muscle's main but NOT only function. Also by seeing the name it should tells us where the muscle is... Pollicis meaning Pollex which is thumb in latin. So we are talking about a muscle that adducts the thumb. Remember when talking about "carpal" we are talking about the hand. When talking about "tarsal" we are talking about the foot. 

Adductor Pollicis
Origin: Base of second metacarpal,Capitate Bone, Third Metacarpal Bone.
Insertion: Base of the first proximal phalanx of the hand, Ulnar sesamoid bone. 

The function of Adductor Pollicis 
Adduction of the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb
Flexion of the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb

Follow link for a video for the anatomy of Adductor Pollicis

Most common injuries: 
Physical injuries to the hand. 

There is a trigger point in this muscle just an interesting fact. 

Please follow the links to see my sources. I want to give credit to all of them.

Keep Moving until next time👋






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Personal... Training Hard

Do not... I repeat... DO NOT get overwhelmed!!

Do I need a Personal Trainer?