Mucle Of The Week.... Buccinator

Hi There

This week's muscle is the Buccinator... It makes me think of the Terminator.... Although it is not pronounced like it. 
But none the less sounds awesome!! It also helps me remember where the Buccinator is...Because the terminator loses his face. It is in the face where our cheeks are. In Fact it is the muscle underneath our cheeks! It helps us chew and keeps the cheeks in place.

The Buccinator is also one of the  the muscle we learn to control at a very young age, because of it's function. It helps us chew and Suck when we are infants. this muscle helps us whissle as well

Buccinator
.
Follow the link to see video of the buccinator

Common Injuries to this muscle is usually dentures that are not fitted correctly or direct trauma to the cheek.

I'll be back...

Keep Moving!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Personal... Training Hard

Do not... I repeat... DO NOT get overwhelmed!!

Do I need a Personal Trainer?