Do I need a Personal Trainer?

Hi There 

This is an awesome question! But the answer is tricky. As a Sport Scientist I do take on Personal Training clients. I approach them the same as I would any athlete, just with other goals (Remember the goal blog post? The difference is the goal; the why you are doing it). 

Many of my Personal Training clients just need me to get them started. They don't need me to per se tell them what to do, but they need me to motivate, check on correct movement, making sure the body isn't taking short cuts etc. That is why I am there with them every session, not necessarily because they can not do it without me. In fact my goal with ALL my clients is to educate them so that they don't need me to keep moving and reaching their goals. They know how to move safely and correctly.  

This being said; I think if you have no movement experience then defiantly start with a personal trainer. If you are knowledgeable about the body and how it moves ,responds to movement and the mind's role during movement;  and if you also  have a great support system, where you are going to be kept accountable if you do not produce the wanted results and that is going to keep you motivated throughout the whole  process you do not need a personal trainer. 

I will blog more about the roles a personal trainer plays in your progress in movement. 

Keep Moving until next time👋

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Personal... Training Hard

Do not... I repeat... DO NOT get overwhelmed!!